JOYCE #NaturalAtUCT

Yes guys, it's March. Meaning the #naturalatUCT concept is in full swing. Our first naturalista is Joyce, hope you guys enjoy the read. Actually I know you will.

"I started transitioning from the end of 2016 and had my big chop around mid 2017.
Ever since I can remember walking I’ve always relaxed my hair and it grew quite long. There was always this feeling and need that it had to be completely straight and styled in a way that was acceptable. The reason I went natural was because I wanted something different( and I was tired of waiting for the relaxer to burn my scalp before I could wash it off). After I did my big chop I was excited but then I started feeling bit insecure about it😂😂 it just looked wrong to me but then my friends praised it (a little confidence boost). 
I also started following more curly hair appreciation pages and that gave me a boost to grow my hair naturally without chemicals.
 Stay #naturallywoke.
In the beginning I used Brands like Auntie Jackie and Olive, but then I started leaning towards:
- TRESemmé shampoo and conditioner(botanique)
- L’Oréal Elvive Curl Nourishment —> as hair lotion
- Caivil Fusion Oil (scalp moisturizer)
- Olive Cholesterol Deep Conditioning Creme 

🙈 I tried dying my hair into plumb colour but after some time it looked more brown or ginger. I used the Dark and Lovely hair dye. Before I dyed my hair I deep conditioned it to avoid future hair loss. So I wanted it to be strong when I dyed it. After I dyed my hair I didn’t wash it for a week to avoid losing the colour. After that I went back to my old routine:
- Deep condition once a week
- Avoid combing hair too much( so I would finger detangle my hair)
- Moisturize almost every day 
- Scalp my head every second to third day.
- and if I combed my hair it would be wet and moisturized 

I love having natural hair at UCT. It has made me more comfortable knowing that it’s okay to have the hair texture that I do. I love seeing other girls with natural hair and the different styles they make with their hair. I love seeing how the girls praise and empower other girls about it."

So hopefully you guys' questions were answered and that you enjoyed the first of many to follow. If you have any other questions leave a comment. You will be seeing many new faces on my blog and I hope you enjoy this concept- @naturallywoke on IG (follow if you wanna #consent)

Stay woke




Comments

Popular Posts