#NaturalAtUCT



Wass poppin!? So we made it through February, tomorrow is March-like it feels like yesterday when I told myself I'd join the gym and work our everyday before lectures. LOL, where?! Anyway, judging from the DMs I've been receiving, people have noticed that I'm taking my IG more seriously (if you don't follow yet, please follow @naturallywoke-only if you want to though #consent). As from March, I will be working on a new concept- BEING NATURAL AT UCT.

The amount of naturalistas at UCT is really inspiring. However, that doesn't mean that we still don't get ridiculed or criticised for how "messy"our hair is. Speaking from experience, compliments flood in when I have my hair in braids- because regardless of how we've "revolutionsed", the standard of beauty is still quite problematic. Imagine someone sticking their fingers in your hair and saying "Is this the 4C people talk about?!"Heban', don't scare me like that, colonizer (#BlackPanther). You'll just have to wait and see how that incident ended.

So for this month, I will be attempting to raise awareness on this issue. I will be featuring different naturalistas on my page, and we'll get to know their story (what products they use, their experiences and just things about their hair). There is not standard on my page that everyone has to adhere to except to be themselves so makeup and editing will be kept at a minimum. Because the focus is being natural at UCT, I will mainly be featuring students at UCT. I had my first round of photoshoots on Saturday and those are the ones which will be on my page first.


I would really appreciate any input, maybe you have a list of questions I should ask the people who feature on my page or if you just have concept ideas-just pop me an email or DM.

Stay woke

Comments

Popular Posts