Natalie #naturalatUCT



I’ve been a bit inconsistent with the posts and I’m really sorry. Lesson learnt , for future projects I’m gonna ask people for their post there and then. Because WOW!!! African time! But anyway today’s #naturalatUCT hair story is from Natalie(‘cav the t-shirt) 
Being a natural at UCT is empowering for me , there are so many other beautiful girls and guys that rock their natural hair unapologetically like I do and this makes me feel like I am part of this amazing natural hair community! Something,I never got to experience in high school. Maintaining my natural hair can be some what of a struggle, I have to ensure that its always moisturised, I have to twist it up or braid it up at night to keep it stretched and even when I stretch it , it still shrinks.
But one thing I have learnt during my natural hair is to love it no matter what because its the crown that I never take off.. I like to imagine my afro as a flower and like any flower, it needs water ro grow but most importantly it also needs affection and thus it will blossom and flourish 🌼✨. My go to protective styles are braids, thats literally just it and sometimes I will twist up and wear it in a style for the week.My favourite products at the moment include Dark & Lovelys Au Naturalle Range. Their afro butter is out of this world. Cantus Leave in cream is also fantastic and it makes my afro super soft too. 
Being Natural has not only taught me to love my hair, but it has also taught me to fully embrace who I am as a young African woman and I think thats magical.”

I will definitely feature Natalie again she’s a really nice, energetic melanin queen. If you’re #naturalatUCT and wanna feature send a DM @naturallywoke


Stay woke 

Comments

Popular Posts