It ain't cheap, bruhhh.


My hair products can fill your tank man, and these are just the ones I have with me on res.
"I want my future wife to have natural hair, because then I won't have to spend a lot of money on her hair!"Pssssh, you tried it *in Tamar's sassy voice* I don't know how people still think being natural is a cheaper alternative to relaxed hair. Tbh, I was never ready for the amount of money I spend on my hair products, and I'm not even buying the expensive stuff bruhh.

When walking down the Clicks Natural Hair products aisle, I cry a little inside. The good stuff costs like R300 for 1 product! Heh?! I don't have such money. And you get those days when someone is also shopping and they buy like a whole basket of hair products, that time, I'm just there with 3 small-sized products and I've left my bank account bruised. TBH, when course is chowing, I literally stay reminding myself about all the products I can buy if I study and get this degree.

So the last time I went to Clicks to restock, my heart leaped out of my chest-I had to take a seat. I couldn't believe it. The Shea Moisture product line was sitting on the shelves. Like it wasn't on my screen being used in tutorials, I could actually see and touch it. I started imagining using it and how my hair is going to love it and how when people compliment me about my hair I'd tell them, "It's Shea Moisture, Huntti!"



 When I eventually came back to my senses, I looked at the price R289.99 for just 1 conditioner. I nearly fainted firstly because it was really hot that day BUT also a whole three hunnid bucks. What a wow!! I snapped out of my dreams of owning Shea Moisture-real quick. I grabbed "the usual"and left.

I started saving up on that day. Like I'm really committed to trying out Shea Moisture, in the near future. I even started applying for jobs around campus. I mean if other girls spend R4000 on a weave/wig, I shouldn't feel bad spending R1000 on my hair, right? Obviously once I've saved up enough money.

So no, my nigguh. Don't look for a naturalista just so you don't have to spend money on hair-you'll be shooketh by the amount of money, oils and product natural hair consumes.

Stay woke

Comments

Popular Posts