I regretted going natural!!

Why did I go natural though?
"Pretty for a black girl.", "TeamLightSkin" and the likes have finally become frowned upon in the past year or so. Society has finally seen us for the melanacious queens we are, embracing our chocolate skin and gravity-defying hair. But what other things still need to change (they must give back the land for one-issa joke)??

So I transitioned for 8 months before sitting in between my mom's legs and having her cut off my relaxed ends. I wasn't sitting in front of a mirror, meaning I only saw what I looked like when I went to the bathroom. I was DISAPPOINTED, to say the least. For the past year I had been religiously watching natural hair videos, following natural hair IG pages (side note:PLEASE follow mine https://www.instagram.com/naturallywoke/ ) and reading natural hair blogs, and my curl pattern looked nothing like what I saw on these platforms. It was more coily than curly, I cried. I even got my hair braided the next day, I thought something was wrong with it.

When I saw my little sister go through the exact same thing when she cut her hair recently, I realised I had to make a page where girls with my hair texture could see that their hair is normal and that it IS beautiful. Mxm, I remember one of my high school teachers telling me that maybe natural hair wasn't for me, I believED her (skrrr skrrr past tense, I lurrrvvveee my hurrrr now and you should too Baypes).

The reason why I started my blog and IG (once again go follow me @naturallywoke cause I know you didn't do it when I told you to) was to represent those of us who have hair that misbehaves, that shrinks when water is spritzed on it, that experiences shrinkage so bad, hair that doesn't naturally hang, hair that only shows its curl pattern when drenched in conditioner and water basically if we are to be honest, hair that doesn't sit at the cool kids table in the natural hair community.

This is one of the main reason why I haven't posted any pictures of hair on my IG yet (go follow man @naturallywoke), I am dedicated to mainly posting unedited pictures of bare-faced, beautiful, coily haired, happy individuals that I know personally and can keep an eye on and update you on their progress. Although I get a lot of pageviews from other countries my main focus is South African hair (is you South African, follow my IG @naturally woke, you're not? Follow anyway :)

I currently have 60 followers but I am dedicated to be consistent and treat them like I would 1000 followers. Your comments, likes and tags would be greatly appreciated. We're all on this together (cue HSM dance)...

(I'm thinking of doing a Natural Hair Starter Pack Kit Giveaway once I reach 200 followers because I know how much people love freebies.) I can't wait to see where this road takes me, and no matter how long it takes I hope you all will help me through this.

For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak and not lie; though it tarry, wait for it because it will surely come; wait for it.-Habakkuk 2:3

Stay woke

Comments

Popular Posts