Afro-Botanics 3-in-1 "kiddies" spray review!



"Ma'am that's a kiddies product." 
"Oh I know!"
What I really wanted to say is, "Lady, I AM A child. A child of God!" This product has become a holy grail in my natural hair journey, particularly during my protective style periods. And every time I buy it, I get asked whether I'm sure if I want to buy a kiddies product... "YAAAASSS, B!" 

Afro-Botanics is a local, natural hair product brand that I've come to know and love. South Africa actually has a LOT of locally produced, natural hair products that work well for our hair and aren't too pricey. 

I know most of us naturalistas mainly watch American or English influencers when it comes to our hair. I don't know about you though, but I haven't found 1 Youtuber that has my hair texture or lives in the same weather conditions as we do here is Sataflika (South Africa). So this is why I've decided to review Natural Hair products on my hair, and honestly I want to support local. So every 2nd week I'll be doing a review on a product. This week it's the Afro-Botanics Nandi's Naturals Kiddies 3-in-1 Spray

Review 
Price: around R60 at Clicks 
Size: 250 mls, lasts about 1-1.5 months
How I use it: I spray my roots and up my braids as far as the length of my own hair. I try and use it every night but obviously that doesn't happen and I end up using it every second night (who am I kidding, sometimes I only use it twice a week) 
Pros: It contains all those good things us naturalistas love, OILS! Namely Coconut Oil, Avocado Oil, Sunflower Oil. 
A little goes a long way
"Cheap" for a natural hair product, that works this great.
Quick and easy to use
It's a moisturizer, detangler and a leave-in
Cons: I think it's a bit too thick, I expected  more of a mist when I first used it. It's more of a.... I don't even know what it is. But just know it's not a mist, it's more of a strong squirt-for lack of a better description. 

I had been using this for a year before I stopped, and tried that DIY spray bottle shenanigans. FOR ME, it didn't work bruhhh. So here I am, back with the kiddies spray... 

If you wanna sponsor your girl, drop an email 😉

Stay Woke
 

Comments

Popular Posts