Issa Genuine Fake!


ISSA FAKE! SO there I was excited cause after 1 and a half months of braids, I was about to run my fingers through MY hair for washday. I detangled my hair, put it in its tiny twists and began to wash my hair. Shampooing went great! Not too much shedding, compared to the other times I took down my braids (side note: the reason for this is because I washed my braids every two weeks to avoid product build up). I digress!
So anyway, it was time for the deep condition. Mind you, I had just bought a new tub, 3 hours prior. WOW! Now that I’ve mentioned it, today was actually just a bad day when it came to my encounter (or lack thereof) with hair products.
Back Story: Since last week, I had been planning to go to this store (I’m just gonna call it a store for now because I don’t know if they’re at fault or their supplier is). The plan was to buy an Afro-Botanics starter pack for myself and for the giveaway (if you didn’t know I’m having an IG giveaway at 200 followers so go follow my IG @naturallywoke). Finally, today was the day, because my mom was available to drive me to the “store”.
 
I get there, so excited I was even planning a photoshoot for the giveaway products. I searched both hair product aisles- TWICE! And I even begged my mom and little brother to do the same-meaning the aisles were searched 6 times. I finally accepted defeat and asked a worker if they had “Afro Botanics”… she literally just looked at me like I was asking her if she knows which road leads to heaven. ANYWAY, I pull out my phone to show her a picture and even go to AfroBotanics IG to show her that this store should have the products in stock. “Ohhhh, yeah! We had this a while back. But we haven’t been sent more stock! Sorry!” My heart literally dropped but I managed to smile and nod. After all it wasn’t her fault.
SO I sought out to get something, just so my trip here wasn’t in vain. That’s when I found the Hair Mayonnaise, for like R7 cheaper than at Clicks where I usually get it. It was a no brainer I just had to grab one.
Back to deep conditioning. I opened the tub and to my surprise there weren’t as many black pieces as I’m used to. But I ignored this, thinking “Maybe they’re all at the bottom.” So (I say so a lot actually, I’ll work on using the word less)I began to drench my hair in the product when I noticed that there was something missing. The smell. I had come to know and love this scent since I’d been using it years. Still, I decided to just finish and popped a plastic cap on and begun the investigation.
 
RESULTS:
Fake on the right
These two tubs of the supposed, identical product were not the same. PLOT TWIST. Firstly the real one (on the left) had a stronger scent, it had more black pieces AND the writing on the sticker was different. Just to confirm I wasn’t just seeing things I asked both my mom AND sister and they concluded the exact same thing.
 
Point of this post was to remind you to make sure you check to make sure that the products you buy are the real deal. AND also to ask you to keep me in your prayer, the product is currently still in my hair as I’m typing this. Also, if something is cheaper than usual- ask yourself why!
STAY WOKE, girl! Stay Woke L


Comments

Popular Posts