NYELETI #naturalatUCT






TGIF!!!!! This week is finally ending, and it’s the weekend baby! There’s a lot of work to do though, cause the life of an accounting student. But today’s natural hair story is from Nyeleti, my hair crush everyday. I deadass compliment her hair EVERY SINGLE TIME I see her.





Due to financial constraints, I decided to cut my hair in November 2015. The goal was to save up and braiding or relaxing would not afford me that opportunity.

When I got to UCT, I had no cooking clue about the natural hair community. I did not even know that black natural hair was a thing, until I met Obakeng Mfulwane, who had been growing her own hair for quite a while. Since then, I have been working on taking good care of mine, experimenting with essential oils and hair products to find out what works for it and what doesn’t.

I wash and condition my hair atleast twice a week. However this water crisis is not allowing me to flourish.to fight shrinkage,I tie my hair into a pony every night when I go to bed. When I’m not too busy, I do twist outs or braid it instead.

I use the following products:

o Organics Shear Butter Shampoo

o Organics 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner

o Lemcke Coconut oil (odourless )

o Cantu coconut curling cream

o Cantu curl activating cream

I recently dyed my hair using Dark and Lovely Go Intense kit in the colour “Radiant Copper” and I absolutely love it. To ensure that it does not get damaged, I keep it moisturised every single day. Also, Cantu’s hair products cater for dyed hair, so that really helps.

The experience of being a naturalista in UCT has been great so far. At first it was a bit scary because I was not used the attention and complements that I was getting from people. For someone who is extremely introverted ands shy, it was quite a lot to handle, but I love it now. It has also taught and given me the courage to complement others, not just on their hair but anything worth complementing.”

Nyeleti is honestly one of my fave naturalistas, not because of her length but because of the way she looks after it, it’s always moisturized never dull. I’m so glad she actually agreed to feature. If you have any comments or questions just drop a comment... or dm me on IG @naturallywoke x

Stay Woke

Comments

  1. @earthy_Nolly on IG5 March 2018 at 14:36

    Dope post. This is such a cool page.
    I work for UCT in Cardiac Research and I think you have a necessary, cool page here. If you don't mind, i'd like to drop you an email about some moves i'll be doing in the Cape Town natural hair scene, that I think would fit well with your page and audience.
    Looking forward to hearing from (and hopefully working with) you ��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts